- Congratulations to Lauren for receiving the Canada Graduate Scholarship – Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement. Lauren will be traveling to New Zealand for her thesis research and will be hosted by Associate Professor Lisa McNeill at the University of Otago in April/May 2020.
- Our paper “The impact of odour on laundering behaviour: An exploratory study” has been accepted for publication in the International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology & Education. This paper is from a survey that Cassandra Cunningham developed during her Roger S Smith undergraduate scholarship. Exciting!
- Our textile-odour review paper has been accepted by the Textile Research Journal. Look out for it online first soon.
- Welcome new graduate students: Sabrina Marsha who is beginning her PhD, and René Arredondo, Skylar Brown and Ayesha Jain who are beginning their MSc programs.
- Rachel was interviewed on CBC Radio morning shows (Calgary and Edmonton) late July, and on five afternoon shows across Canada on August 5th. The topic was on the “no wash” or “washless” clothing trend. This topic relates to odour and sustainability research.
- Congratulations Sara Vaezafshar for successfully defending her MSc thesis on May 6th.
- Welcome to Marwa Khémir who will be completing a Mitacs Globalink Research Internship for the summer
- Congratulations to Lauren for receiving a CGS-M SSHRC Scholarship!